Azizi & Fadhli & Syed

After the long hardship of shipboard training......

2:02 PM

During my first year in ALAM as a junior , I rarely mingle with anyone . I was really close with 15 Alpha as they are my classmate and we were a proud group of delinquents . I know a few of cadets from other classes but I was never close with them . Rarely do I spend time in their room for a chat , we talk only if it involves important matters , classes , LAs or other academic topics . So for me , I don't really have a strong bond with my whole batch .


After my first tenure as a cadet on board Puteri Firus Satu , I started contacting other MISC cadet , asking around which ship they've went and the progress of their TARB book . During my stay on board Bunga Angsana , our friendship grows closer as we joke around and making fun of each other through social network . As none of our friends from outside of ALAM understood the hardship thath we are going through , our close ring of cadets are becoming more important and meaningful as all of us know what each of us are facing .

As all of us reported back to ALAM , we shared our experience . All the sleepless day , the urgency to finish our assignments while at the same time doing our duty as cadets , the pressure of preparation for vetting and audit process , the loneliness and everything that makes our cadet life on board one hell of a ride .

What really impressed me was how our personality was shaped after a year at sea . We're different breed of students , all possessing a different mentality from all other student in different institution , but we have this tenacity to become children . We understand what is needed in the profession that we chose and we take all the knowledge that we can get during our final year as seniors seriously . But we hold on to the most sacred oath all seaman bring in their hard , 'WORK HARD , PLAY HARD'






When the job at the moment doesn't require us to be serious , we'll play around like there's no tomorrow . And that , is what build the character as a senior cadet in the Malaysia Maritime Academy


You Might Also Like

0 comments

DNS15BRAVO© . Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook